A contact us form is a means by which your customer can easily contact your company.
This article will present best practices for your Contact Us Form that we believe you should keep in mind.
For Contact Us Form examples, check out this link.
Your Contact Us Form should be easily locatable by the customer.
- Purpose: Make the form's purpose clear to the user.
- Response: Make it clear to the user when they can expect a response.
Make sure to ask only for the necessary information to help you understand who contacted you and what they need. We suggest adding the following fields, but you may add any relevant information to you:
- Full Name
- Company Name or other identification (If applicable)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Category and/or Department Drop-down and/or free text Subject
- Mark mandatory fields as such and disable the Submit bottom until all mandatory fields are filled.
- Check validity of the information submitted (phone number and email format, minimum characters and malicious code).
Present the user with a confirmation that you accepted their inquiry. This can be done by email, redirecting the user to a confirmation web page or a pop-up message.
We recommend clearing the form after each successful submit to prevent costumers from clicking the Submit button again.
Make sure the From address isn't the same as the To address.
When opening a ticket in Glassix you can send an email using the information submitted by the customer. When doing so pay attention to the following:
- Send an email from the JS or server-side.
- Send the Email to Glassix's inbound email address.
- Write a unique subject to ensure all parties can distinguish between emails and to prevent emails from getting put in the same thread. For example: "<Full Name> <Subject> <Time Stamp>" .
- Add all the information from the form in the email body.
You can create a ticket in Glassix using the API. For more information go here.
Set the Reply-To email header to the email of the user submitting the form. This will automatically add the user as a participant in the ticket, and will ignore the sender's email, which is the email that sends the form.
For more information on implementation:
- Via WordPress Contact Form 7.
- Via WiX.
Example: Let's say that you have a form in your website that asks your user to add their email and a message. The email you will send to Glassix will look something like this:
To: <[email protected]> From: <[email protected]> Reply-To: John Doe <[email protected]> Subject: New message from John
Not using CAPTCHA exposes your website to DDoS Attacks, Bots, Dictionary attacks, and Spamming. You can read more about the benefits of CAPTCHA here.
Updated 5 months ago